Monday, July 27, 2015

Two Truths, One Lie. Can You Guess?



sweetsixteendress.jpg
When I was fifteen my mom wanted to throw me a party and I said no, I’ve never liked having all the attention on me. She kept insisting for a few months and we would always end in an argument. Since I always ended up saying no, she went behind my back and started planning my sweet sixteen. Apparently, everyone in my house knew and my sister was the one that was doing all the planning. My mom needed me to do the dress fitting, so she decided to trick me into going by telling me we were going to the movie theater and then to eat some tacos. When she took me to the dress fitting, I told her again that I didn’t want a sweet sixteen and that’s when she told me everything. She told me all about the invitations being sent out, the salon being paid for and the food being picked. At the end, I had no other choice but to say yes. I can’t complain really, I had a lot of fun and the good thing is that I didn’t have to stress about the whole planning thing.

2_bike_ride.jpg

After I graduated high school, I decided to take some time off school and go live with my sister in San Jose, California. When I moved to San Jose, we went on bike rides in the most beautiful park I’ve seen. It had two big lakes and there was a lot of green trees and it was magnificent. I loved going on bike rides with my sister. The last time we went, I was carrying my nieces on the back of my bike in a little “wagon” and my sister was rollerblading with her husband. There was a really steep fall that if you didn’t turn fast, you could go straight to the lake! I had a brand new bike and I was barely learning how to handle it. My sister, out of nowhere, just fell on her ass and I was going right behind her. I had no idea how to use the brakes so my instant reaction was to turn towards the lake and prevent from hitting my sister with a really heavy bike. I was extremely scared because I had my two nieces with me and the next thing I know, BAM! I slammed into a fence. So there I was laughing so loud my stomach started to hurt, and my sister was crying way too much. My face was sore for a week and it left a bruise for a month. We now laugh about it, but it was terrible at the time. 

halloween.jpgI lived in Mexicali when I was a child. I've always loved asking for candy in Halloween, it made me feel like a gangster. I remember this Halloween in particular because I had never been so scared in my life. One Halloween night, we were walking around in the dark streets and my sister was extremely scared. I wanted some candy, so there was no way I was going back home without a candy on my bag. There was this man that was fully dressed in black, he even had black paint on his face, he was offering some candy and we started walking toward him all happy because he had a lot of candies. As we started getting closer, he started walking backward and as soon as we reached his truck, BAM! A dog came out of nowhere and my sister and I just screamed and ran. My sister was crying so bad that my mom had to take us back home. At the end of the night, we didn't gather a single candy. I still got to laugh at my sister, which was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment